Introducing my new book written especially for property investors, on ‘How To Pay Less Tax Legally’!
Property investment can be a lucrative way to accumulate wealth. Indeed, with the right real estate portfolio you could have sufficient rental income to achieve real financial freedom early in life. It can also secure you a comfortable retirement, as well as a financial legacy to pass onto your children.
While investors busily focus on finding the right property, with the best capital appreciation potential, as well as negotiating the greatest rental returns, many pay scant attention to the largest and surest cost of any real estate investment: TAXATION. As the law currently stands in Malaysia, taxation can account for up to 26% of the income earned by any taxpayer, and that includes property investors!
In my book, we will explore how taxation – notably Income Tax and Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT) – affects each area of real estate investment in Malaysia. Light will be shed on the complexities of the laws governing property investments, and you will be advised how to minimise your tax exposure LEGALLY, so that you don’t give ‘tips’ to the government! The following topics are covered in my book:
- The self-assessment system – how it affects you
- What’s your game plan – the strategies you need to adopt
- Income from property rental – when and what to declare
- Expenses relating to renting out property – how to maximise your claim for expenses
- Rental income as a business source – do yours qualify?
- Real Property Gains Tax – how is it calculated?
- Income Tax on property sales – how to mitigate your exposure
- Investment holding companies – how to you avoid the tag?
- Disposal of shares in property holding companies – taxability and how to avoid it
- Procedure for filing RPGT returns – D-I-Y the filing process and save yourself some money!
- Limited liability partnerships – an alternative vehicle for property investments
This book has been reviewed by the Real Estate Malaysia (REM) magazine.
ORDER NOW FOR ONLY RM42.00 PER COPY! *